Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Boss

I have mentioned in one of my previous blogs that there been so many changes within our office. Personally, I'm fine with changes as long as it doesn't have any direct negative effects on us and our responsibilities. As a team, we have also been prognostic and prepared for other changes to come. And that's what we thought!

I started with the company 3 years ago. Now, I work as a sales admin to my division, and I report directly to the manager - long story short, i'm her right hand. And we've been working closely for a good 2 years now. The division itself has been through a number of challenges, difficulties, changes, and successes, which gave us a strong foundation and help us become one strong family.

"I want you to be the first to know, that this will be my last month within the division." Before she even finish that heartbreaking sentence, so many questions were running into my mind - Why? Is she leaving the company? Was there a problem? Is she going somewhere else? Then she explained and made everything clear to me. She'll be taking another responsibility within the company. And while we're talking, she was crying. I was crying too (deep inside), but I don't want her to see it for some reasons.

She told me that 5 minutes before the team meeting, where they will formally announce what's going to happen. After our talk, i went straight to the washroom and broke down.

It's not that i am not open to the change, I just think it was too soon and time left is now too short. I don't have any issues with us going to another management, it's just that we'll surely miss her so much.

I also know, as they say, that this shall come to pass. But no one can ever take away the good things learned, lessons taught, good and bad times spent together, and the trust and respect that we have had with her.

And I will never forget that she was also the reason why I still have this job.

Thank you for everything, Boss!



No comments:

Post a Comment