Wednesday, May 26, 2010

O Fortuna

Since the year started, there have been a lot of significant changes within the office, people come and go, and we are left without a choice but to deal with the situation. And when situations get tough, sometimes, the only thing that gives me enthusiasm is the bond that i have with my friends at work.

Yesterday, before going home, Ivan, one of my starting-to-become-close friends at work told me that he'll be staying with the company only until the end of the month. We were not that close in the beginning, but since we became row mates, i saw him as a barkada. We joke around all day and the biggest highlight of our day is to compete with each other at MF.

When he told me the thing yesterday, i felt sad. But today, going to work, i felt very sad. I dont have a thing for him, if you're thinking that way. It's just that he's such a good guy to everyone. And since i can be-friend guys more easily than girls (eversince), it's seldom that i see someone who can meet the level of my boyishness and treat me just like a guy friend too (but at the same time still respects me as a woman), and he's one of 'em.

Sadly, we have to face these kinds of episodes in our lives, and just be thankful that we meet such people who can contribute something to our maturity and share some of what they got.

When i look to my left on Monday, i know that i will no longer see 'the man'.

Ivan "The Man" Aguilar of HR Pioneers

No comments:

Post a Comment