Friday, May 21, 2010

Remembering my first ever cellphone =D

As I answer "Firsts.." survey-blog yesterday, the question What was your first cellphone reminded me of my first ever cellphone! It was a black Alcatel One Touch phone (the first text message-capable cellphone endorsed by TalkNText, specifically by Rico Yan). It was for P3,500. Happily, it was around May that they released it, and so I got a great reason to ask for it as a birthday gift (my birthday is in June and so there's enough time for them to save ;) ) and since the common phones available that time were Nokia 5110 and Bosch 509 and their price were a bit higher (magka cp lang talaga!). I was able to ask my eldest cousin to buy that phone for me as a gift (why him? because he's the first to have a steady job then, and i was his 'alaga' when i was little). He didn't say yes right away, just 'let's see'.

And so I waited patiently. June came and a few days before my birthday, I received my most awaited gift! I can remember how excited I was then. I bring it in school everyday and i think i have only 3 classmates who has cellphones within our section - so i gotta be proud too! Until the time came that 5110 became the favorite, and not too long, 3210 came out and became very famous. And so as the Alcatel phone became famous too... famously known as the "safeguard" phone. Haha!

That was sad at one point, but at least, I was fortunate enough to be one of the first few teenagers who had a cellphone then. :)



This is how Alcatel One Touch looks like, if you can't remember =D
It has an orange backlight, two-liner screen, and the model that i got did not have small caps option hehe..

No comments:

Post a Comment