Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 3 – Your idea of the perfect first date

My idea of a perfect first date would be pretty simple but could require a whole day. I like travel, adventure, and outdoor activities so you could expect that a day full of activities or nature trip will be very much appreciated than a luxurious dinner.

Anywhere with you

You could ask me to go with you somewhere away from the busy streets of Manila. I like a place where I can see nature, smell the fresh air, and bond with you without too much noise. Let’s have a simple lunch, miryenda or dinner together. I’m not hard to please so eating in a karinderya would not be an issue.

Classic example: Naneeh (hubby) and I usually go to Antipolo on an early Sunday morning to hear the mass. Then we look for a not-so-common place to eat (no fast foods please). But we don’t need to look far, because just in-front of Antipolo church is a bunch of carinderias, serving hot sotanghon soup, delicious kakanins, etc. You also get to bring pasalubong for your family.


Drive Me Crazy

I love long drives. Some people get easily bored with long travel hours, not me. It could be an outing or just driving from one destination to another. Ideally, it is out of town. Especially when I’m in the mood for riding/driving I don’t care where we go, driving with you will give us one great bonding time.

Classic example: On an early Sunday morning, Naneeh and I would go to Marilaque, Tanay, Rizal with our bike Sam. It’s about one to one and a half hour drive from Makati. Mostly, it’s a nature trip. You could gaze through the wonderful creations of God – mountains, hills, trees and breathe the freshest air of the morning. There’s one destination/stopover at the top, the Pranjetto Hills resort and conference center. There’s a “bulaluhan” where we usually have breakfast.


Amuse Me

Amusement parks…sure! Since childhood, I love rides! I love the adrenaline rush, excitement and anticipation that comes with it. No need for further explanation. You can expect me keep the smile on my face until we go home, but be sure to keep your energy full charged because I don’t easily get tired in this kind of fun.

Classic example: Few years back, we went to EK with my family. Although my husband and I have been together for about one or two years then, that was our first time to go there together. As usual, I was as excited as a child! I had no idea that he doesn’t like rides back then. We first rode in the Flying Fiesta. I was really enjoying when I noticed that he was a bit uncomfortable. I was asking him if he was OK, he said yes. Next stop was on the Anchors Away. We were at my favorite spot – at the end of the boat - while my cousins were on the other end. The boat started swaying, and during the peak, he was already holding his stomach and was really leaning towards me just like a frightened kid. At first I was teasing him, but then he told me that he doesn’t really like rides. That really moved me – to realize that he went thru that experience even if he really doesn’t want to. But he has improved a lot! Just last year we went to Star City, we rode every rides together. I can still sense the little fears, but he is learning to enjoy it with me.

Try Me

I love competition. You can ask me to compete with you – we can drive, climb, try a video game, solve puzzles, even wrestle - I am always ready. Aside from bonding moments, this is your chance to show me your strength and ability, which could really leave a lasting impression.

Classic example: Once in a while (when we got our own bikes) my husband and I race – of course in a safe area, with safety riding gears. He is very strict when it comes to safety. There was even a time when we need to pick up my cousin’s mc from their place. I drove Sam and he drove the other mc. It was my first time to drive Sam in a wide highway – Roxas Blvd. He was very supportive and careful, while at first I was a bit nervous. Just because it feels so different to actually drive an mc in a highway than driving a car. Eventually, we were kind of competing – the race was not about the who drives the fastest but slalom, how you reach the stop line considering the cars lined-up (as obstacles). Sometimes, we also wrestle. It will start when we try to tickle each other and we end up wrestling. We also like playing Tekken together.

My idea of a perfect date need not to be fabulous, I just want you to make me feel that you have time for me =D.



No comments:

Post a Comment