Monday, March 14, 2011

Peanut Butter

I was really happy this morning (I think more proud), because my husband helped me with the laundry =D. Not all husbands do that - especially those typical astigin, sometimes insensitive, I’m-watching-basketball/motogp type of guys. At first, I was really hesitant to ask for his help, knowing that doing the laundry is a woman’s thing. But i admit that I am really too lazy to do the laundry. Most of the time my mom does it for me, ('coz she doesn't really like using the washing machine) sometimes I help her especially now that she’s getting old for things that I should be doing by myself already. I am the type of person who can clean the house all day or do the dishes, cook all day, etc., just not the laundry.

Anyway, I’ve read an article last week about surviving the first few years of marriage. And one thing that got stuck in my head was a line there about sharing of household chores - helping each other during the weekends, etc. And so one time while we were preparing for dinner,

Me: lam mo hon may nabasa ako..

Him: ano?

Me: ung isang secret para maging ok ung mag-asawa..

Him: na?

Me: dapat nagtutulungan kayo sa gawaing-bahay

Him: tinutulungan naman kita ah..

Me: e dapat pati sa paglalaba.. diba sabi mo nga dati nung dipa tyo kasal, ikaw maglalaba? (exaggerated! hehe)

Him: e di tayo nga maglalaba

Me: hinde, ako na lang maglalaba, ikaw magbabanlaw

Him: ok

Me: =)


So this morning I woke up at five and started arranging our dirty clothes. I started the laundry at around five forty-five. And when I was about to finish, I woke him up and told him that it’s his time to shine =)

I let him rest for a while and warm up. Just in time that i’m done, he started rinsing our clothes. And as expected, after that early Monday morning activity, we’re both hungry, so we had breakfast together as usual =)


No comments:

Post a Comment