Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mother knows best :-)

And so i was thinking of something to blog about - 'coz i have a lot of time to spend today... and i feel sleepy but i can't sleep just because.

Finally, i have an idea.
For about a week or two now, i have been wondering if i am already conceiving. And my husband is always hopeful that i am. But I have not seen any signs of pregnancy within me. My co-worker said, some women conceive without any signs until about two to three months of pregnancy. Well, i will have to wait and find out by doing some tests, or better yet visit a doctor for a check up.

But me getting pregnant isn't really what i want to write about. I thought of writing something about "how i plan to raise my child" or "what i want my child to be when he/she grow up".


1. I want my child to grow up as a God-fearing person.

I don't look or sound like a very religious person, really. But deep inside of me is a raging faith in Him. There were several times, while praying, that i talked to Him about me offering my child/children to Him. Offer in a way that i will make sure they grow up and live in faith and great love for God. I want them to have as much faith as i have, or even more.

2. I would want my child to be loving, respectful and honest at all times.


Just like how i and my cousins were raised by our parents. I grew up with typical close family ties. My cousins and i watch each other as we grow, age, go to school, mature.. And i can say that we were raised to be respectful, sensitive and honest. I, personally, was taught by my mom, as early as i can remember, that it's very important to say "sorry" when you made a mistake. Being honest is also one of the most important thing that i've learned. Whenever she asks me something that she's doubtful about, she would remind me, "Ang sinungaling katumbas ng magnanakaw" (Lying equates stealing). And i always keep that in mind til now. She also showed me, in so many ways, how to be loving and appreciative. Oh, how wonderful it is to be loved by a mom! And so i plan to teach my kid everything that i know.

3. I would also want my child to be clever.


Of course, who wouldn't want that? I'd like my child to grow up smart and independent. How? I've seen some commercials and read some articles on how you can uplift your child. It's by giving them enough encouragement, support, and trust. I grew up shy, but confident. I guess shyness is a part of one's character, but confidence can be earned.

4. Career-wise, i would like them to work according to their true passion.

I think it is ideal that they know what course they really want to take up as early as third year high school. Unlike me, i was given the chance to really think about what i want to be, but i was not able to. Until i landed into a course that i am not so passionate about. But please don't get me wrong, i liked my course - it's just not what i really love doing. My child could also be goal-oriented, which I am not. It's because i never planned or thought about questions like, how do i imagine myself to be 10 years from now, unless i get asked. And when answering, i never really provide great ideals. Maybe because i live by How and not by What. Also, i work by doing my best with what is present. I do plan ahead but i don't usually set goals.

These are the things that i think i'd share to our child/ren as they grow up. Sure there would be more important things to consider as they age.


...But for now, i think my husband and i needs to work on
making one ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment